Use these sixty affirmations to eat healthier, be more focused, and achieve your weight loss goal.
Before you read the affirmations, let’s have a look at what they are, how they work, and why some people may not see results.
This is a proven technique, so if done properly, it will definitely help you change your mindset: learn and understand how this works so you can get it right.
At the end of this article you’ll also find a link to download the full list of these affirmations, so you can read them whenever you want.
What are affirmations, and how do they work?
Affirmations are positive statements designed to not only inspire you, but also change your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Affirmations could be very specific (for example, “each day I wake up, eat a certain food, and perform a certain workout”) or more general (such as “I am confident”).
In short, affirmations can be used to brainwash yourself (in a good way, of course). Because our subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between reality and imagination, you can change the way it operates by simply repeating certain affirmations over and over.
You could say your affirmations out loud, read them, or write them down. Ideally you want to do this early in the morning or just before bed: when you are not fully alert, it’s easier to condition your mind.
Some people believe this process doesn’t really work, so let’s have a look at some of the reasons affirmations may not work for you.
Three reasons why affirmations may not work
First of all, if you decide to try this out, it has to become a habit. You need to say or read your affirmations every single day, not just once in a while. It takes time to condition the brain — in the beginning, your mind won’t even listen, but the more you do this, the more your mind will simply accept whatever you imagine as the truth.
The second reason this may not work is if you say or read the affirmations the wrong way. If you are not focused; if you don’t use the affirmations with great emotional intensity; if you read them quickly, as if you were reading an information leaflet, then chances are they won’t work. You need to concentrate and really believe what you are saying.
Finally, if there’s any negative emotions linked to some or all your affirmations, your subconscious mind won’t accept them. For example, if you say you want to be a different person, but part of you is afraid you will lose your current friends if that happens, your subconscious won’t be able to decide what to do, and what to feel.
60 affirmations for weight loss
- I have the discipline to work on my body
- I love myself
- I have the power to improve my physical health
- A better body gives me more energy and vitality
- I enjoy working out
- My goal gives me motivation and makes my life more exciting
- I heal my body through food and exercise
- I am beautiful
- I am confident
- If I am consistent, I will get the results that I want
- I deserve the healthiest possible body
- I love eating healthy, natural, nutrient-rich foods
- Weight loss is easy
- I am not my past
- I am a different person now
- I am in control of my physical and mental health
- I am unstoppable
- My weight loss goal is exciting
- I only have positive thoughts
- I invest my time and money in health
- I am becoming the best version of myself
- I already see some positive changes in my body
- I am determined
- I am full of energy and vitality
- I choose to be healthy every single day
- I choose what I eat carefully
- I create my destiny
- I drink more water and make sure I am hydrated
- I am slim and attractive
- The more I put into this, the more I get out
- I make sure I always get enough sleep, and sleep deeply
- My metabolism is changing
- Healthy food can be delicious
- I do whatever it takes to achieve my dream
- I am grateful I am able to work on my body
- I look better and I am more attractive every day
- The more I work on my goal, the easier it gets
- Today I have the opportunity to change who I am
- Today I have the opportunity to change my life
- I am proud of what I have done so far
- I am dedicated and motivated
- This is the beginning of a new era for me
- Working out makes me feel great
- It’s only a matter of time before I accomplish my goal
- Body and mind are interconnected
- I can heal my mind by working on my body
- I am not the person I used to be
- My body is a beautiful temple
- My daily decisions lead me to greatness
- Success is the best feeling ever
- My habits have changed
- I look amazing
- I am the healthiest I have ever been
- Every day I manifest a beautiful body
- I am healthy and happy
- I change my diet according to my goal
- Each day I get closer to what I want
- The only thing that matters is my dream
- I focus on what makes me a better person
- I am excited to start a new challenge
So there you have it! You can choose to use all of them, or only a handful, but remember: read them every day, and with great intensity. Your mind has to believe what you read, otherwise it won’t work.
Depending on your current goal and/or routine, you may choose to change some of them, and make them more specific. For example, you could say that each day you eat a certain meal for breakfast, then exercise at a certain time.
You can download a list of the sixty affirmations here: