Much like diet and exercise, positive thinking is supposed to be a habit.
It’s great to read inspiring quotes and have that extra bit of motivation from time to time, but in order to truly change the way you think and feel, you have to condition your mind.
This means feeding both your rational mind and your subconscious with images and affirmations that create happiness, not just once, but on a regular basis — ideally, every single day.
If you do this long enough, eventually positivity becomes part of who you are, and you no longer have to “think positive” to feel better about yourself.
The same concept can be applied to achieving goals, too. Once you have defined and written down what you want to experience and achieve in your life, you are supposed to read your goals every day so that after a while your subconscious automatically aligns to them (I have explained this here).
The importance of daily reminders
Sometimes you wake up after a good night’s sleep feeling refreshed, and as you go through your day, things just work out. You accomplish all your tasks, interact with positive people, feel great about yourself, and even get a special text from a special person.
When that happens, it’s easy to be in a good mood. Unfortunately, it doesn’t happen all the time, so as long as you rely on external circumstances to feel happy, you are going to experience an emotional roller coaster.
Daily reminders are short phrases that help you take control of your mental health regardless of the situation you are going through right now. Any negative event can trigger negative thoughts, and if you give in to these thoughts, you’re going to lose focus; but when you’re guided by positivity, you are basically immune to them.
Here are fifty daily reminders for a happier, calmer, more fulfilling life.
50 positive daily reminders
- You are beautiful, and you are perfect as you are now.
- Life is too short to argue with toxic people.
- Me-time is not a waste of time.
- Enjoy the present moment because that’s all we experience.
- Listen to your gut feelings because they are usually right. Your intuition perceives things that your rational mind has no access to.
- You don’t need anyone’s permission to love yourself.
- Protect your mental energy because it’s your most valuable asset.
- Be yourself because your uniqueness makes you beautiful.
- We all experience difficult situations and setbacks from time to time, but we can choose how we react to them.
- You should never base your self worth on other people’s opinions.
- When you are polite and treat others with respect, not only do you make their life better — you feel better as well.
- It’s impossible to be happy all the time; being anxious or upset from time to time is normal, so don’t stress over it.
- Change your environment before you try to change yourself.
- You are worthy of every single desire of your heart.
- Your past does not define you in any way. You are free to be and do whatever you want, whenever you want.
- Surround yourself with those who love, support, and care about you.
- You give energy to whatever you focus on; so focus on the positive.
- You are on this planet to experience joy.
- Some of the negative, inaccurate thoughts generated by your mind can be very convincing. Whenever you have a negative thought, ask yourself: does this thought help me in any way? If it doesn’t, ignore it.
- You can’t truly love others unless you learn to love yourself.
- Your vulnerability is attractive: don’t hide it.
- Feel free to detach from anything that hinders your growth or affects your mental health in a negative way.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Overthinking is rarely a good thing; it’s okay to silence your mind from time to time.
- Any goal is achievable once it’s broken down into small, simple steps.
- More often than not, letting go will be the wisest choice.
- You deserve the best.
- Everything begins in your mind. Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world.
- The calmer and happier you are, the stronger your immune system is.
- To be courageous, you don’t have to stop being afraid — you can be afraid and still do what you want to do.
- Have faith in something bigger and greater than yourself.
- Be grateful for your health, your freedom, and all the positive things in your life — including life itself.
- Miracles do exist, as long as you believe in them.
- Everyone’s journey is different; be proud of yours.
- You are allowed to cut off negative people.
- Be crystal clear on what you want in life. The more clear you are on what you desire, the luckier you get.
- You should develop an abundance mindset because that’s where abundance comes from.
- There is nothing that you can’t do.
- When you stop judging others, you stop judging yourself as well.
- It’s okay to take a break from social media and the news from time to time.
- Even during the toughest times, there is always a reason to smile.
- We can’t control everything. Embrace life’s uncertainty because even though it makes us anxious from time to time, that’s what makes life exciting.
- Change is often uncomfortable but always worth it.
- You are enough.
- The only person you should ever compare yourself to is the one you see in the mirror.
- Choose what you see, read, and hear carefully because your subconscious mind absorbs everything.
- Be grateful for your past mistakes because they helped you evolve.
- Your physical, mental, and spiritual health is a priority.
- Don’t focus on problems; focus on solutions.
- If you can change your thoughts, you can change your emotions; if you can change your emotions, you can change your life.
What’s your favorite daily reminder, or affirmation? Leave a comment and let me know! 👇